Dry Ice Delivery on Long Island
Buy Dry Ice on Long Island from a Reputable and Experienced Supplier
Are you satisfied with your current dry ice supplier? If not, it’s time to switch!
Does your business use dry ice? Mountain Air has served hundreds of satisfied, repeat customers across New York, California, Philadelphia, and New Jersey over the last thirteen years. Join us today, and our team of professionals will work diligently to provide you with dry ice delivery on Long Island.
Wholesale Dry Ice Delivery on Long Island
Looking for wholesale dry ice delivery on Long Island? Mountain Air has your needs covered. Dry ice is an efficient, easy refrigeration medium with a wide range of applications across many industries, particularly food and healthcare. Ideal for cooling dairy and meat products, dry ice also aids in transporting and storing frozen perishables. Likewise, dry ice helps with food processing, cooling heat-sensitive products during the grinding/cutting process, adjusting product size, and cold trapping. Need a spectacular fog effect for a party or presentation? Dry ice to the rescue again.
Dry ice pellets are ideal for pressure-cleaning machinery and engines since the substance turns directly into a gas from its solid form without passing through a liquid phase. If any of these dry ice applications fit your needs, contact Mountain Air today.
Dry Ice Delivery for Restaurants on Long Island
The use of dry ice in restaurants, bars, and cafes is no longer just about keeping things cold. Dry ice can drastically enhance the appearance of an array of drinks and food dishes with its showy smoke effect. Avant-garde cuisine techniques also put dry ice to good use. Benefits of dry ice include its lack of taste and odor, its non-toxic nature, and its immediate transformation from solid to gas, eliminating a potentially messy liquid phase.
The most innovative dry ice uses in restaurants, bars, and cafes include:
A tablet of dry ice is introduced in an ice cube tray to create a spectacular presentation in dining rooms.
Aromatic power effect
In a hot infusion of red fruits, adding dry ice causes a lot of smoke and unleashes its aromatic power. This intensity of aromatization floods the environment and sets the tone for a delicious dinner.
Adding dry ice to any alcohol, along with aromatics like citrus or spices, infuses the resulting liquid with nuances of the aromatics thanks to the dry ice sublimation process, where the cold causes the effective release of oils and aromas. For example, adding julienned orange peel, cardamom, and rosemary to dry ice in an infuser would be a delicious way to customize vermouth.
Carbonating effect in liquids
Carbonated water is readily available when dry ice is on hand. Just put mineral water and dry ice in a siphon. Wait 5 minutes, remove the gas pressure from the siphon using the manual valve, open the head, and serve the newly carbonated beverage in any glass. This process with dry ice allows restaurants to use their cola or carbonate liquid of choice.
Carbonating effect on fruit
Place grapes or strawberries with dry ice into a siphon. Let them sit for several hours to allow for the carbonation process. The fruit contains carbon dioxide, which provides a nice champagne effect. This effect can be accomplished by using any fruit with a large amount of water, such as kiwi or melons.
Any liquid or fruit puree can be turned into sorbet, slush, or ice cream, depending on the amount of dry ice used. First, add dry ice and facilitate its sublimation by using a mixing rod. You can even make Vermouth ice cream using this method.
Dry Ice Delivery for Hospitals on Long Island
The applications of dry ice go far beyond keeping food cold and creating a cool fog effect. Dry ice is often used in the medical industry for storage, cleaning, and transport.
- Storage: Thanks to dry ice, biological samples like vaccines, blood, or human organs can be safely conserved. Since this kind of material is delicate and needs to be kept at low temperatures for extended periods, dry ice helps ensure its survival.
- Cleaning: Medical and industrial equipment can be cleaned and sterilized using dry ice. Caustic solvents are harmful to both equipment and the environment, as well as being illegal. Dry ice is the perfect replacement and is much easier to use for cleaning. Dry ice is much easier to use to clean. Just spray it on surfaces, and it quickly decontaminates the area. Dry iceis inexpensive, minimizes waste, protects the environment, and uses non-harmful chemicals.
- Transport: When transferring sensitive items like biomedical samples, organs, blood, and other materials that require a cool environment to survive hospitals and laboratories trust dry ice. It has a temperature of roughly -80°C, which is far colder than conventional ice. Additionally, dry ice doesn’t melt and maintains its temperature for longer. These properties make it ideal to use in shipments, even if they take several days to arrive at their destination.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the properties of dry ice?
- It is tasteless and odorless.
- Dry ice doesn’t leave any residue.
- It is free of germs and bacteria.
- Dry ice is a non-toxic substance.
- Dry ice is non-flammable.
- Using dry ice does not require an energy source.
- Dry ice has three times more cooling power than water-based ice.
How is dry ice made?
We first produce liquid carbon dioxide, which converts into solid carbonic snow at – 79 °C. Then, depending on our customer’s request, the snow is compressed at high pressure to form blocks or pellets.
Dry ice safe handling tips:
- Never handle dry ice with bare hands. Always wear gloves and safety goggles that are designed for use in freezing temperatures.
- Always work in a well-ventilated room. Carbon dioxide can replace oxygen in closed spaces, creating an oxygen-deficient environment, which can result in suffocation.
- Do not put dry ice down a sink, toilet or in the trash.
- Dispose of dry ice in an open container in a well-ventilated room by allowing it to sublimate.
Why choose Mountain Air for your dry ice supply on Long Island?
- We feature a versatile portfolio of dry ice products.
- Thousands of customers already trust us.
- Guaranteed satisfaction.
- Different forms are available, such as pellets and blocks.
- Various packaging sizes based on requirements.
- Rigorous traceability.
- 24/7*365 service.